Tuesday, July 21, 2015

different textures

There are so many different "grades" or textures to natural hair, distinguished by a letter and number system. And because there are so many textures there are also different care tips for each type.
The two I'm going to focus on for this blog are Type 4 is kinky hair and Type 3 is considered curly hair. The subsets in between the numbers are a lot more complicated. For instance my hair type is considered to be between 4a and 3c grade depending on if I have a color treatment in it. Some celebrities with 4a hair texture include model Yaya Decosta. While her curls are sort of loose yet voluminous the "S" pattern of her hair stays defined.
While closely related in hair texture would be Tracee Ellis Ross. The only real difference between the two women's curls is the size and volume.



2 comments:

  1. Mariah it is very interesting to know that there is a number system associated with the type of hair that you have. With myself previously having longer hair I know that taking care of your hair is a big deal, so this is great to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah, your post is very informative. I did not know that hair was defined using a number system. You did a good job with your post.

    ReplyDelete